- Calvin Theological Seminary: Doctoral candidate (Ph.D.), 2017-2021.
- Calvin Theological Seminary: Master of Theology (Th.M.), 2017.
- Western Theological Seminary: Master of Divinity (M.Div.), 2015.
- University of Costa Rica : Bachelor of Arts in Spanish Studies (B.A.), 2004.
Scholarships and Grants
- Doctoral Fellowship, Calvin Theological Seminary, 2017-2021
- Tuition Grant, The Latino Seminary Student Fund, Classis of Holland RCA, 2016-2021
- The Howard Miller Scholarship (CPE Tuition Award), Pine Rest Christian Mental Services, 2016
- ThM Tuition Grant, Calvin Theological Seminary, 2015-2017
- Tuition Scholarship, Christ Memorial Reformed Church, 2013-2014
- Tuition Scholarship, Reformed Church in America Ethnic Scholarship, 2013
- The Vernon & Carol Hoffman Scholarship for Racial Ethnic Minorities, Western Theological Seminary, 2012-2015
Calvin Theological Seminary
Hispanic Ministry Certificate Program – Courses in Spanish
The Certificate in Hispanic Ministry is a 27-credit academic program sponsored by Calvin Theological Seminary and the DeVos Foundations. The purpose of the program is to equip Spanish-speaking pastors and church leaders who currently serve in ministry in the area of Kent County. Because of its contextualized approach, all professors and instructors come from Spanish-spoken cultures and from different Christian theological traditions.
- Teaching Assistant for Dra. Elizabeth Tamez, Christian Education for Youth People, Fall 2018.
- Teaching Assistant for Dr. Justo González, Theology for Ministry, Fall 2018.
- Teaching Assistant for Dr. Arie Leder, Interpreting and Preaching the Old Testament, Spring 2018.
- Teaching Assistant for Rev. Joel Sierra and Dra. Yamina Apolinaris, Worship and Preaching, J-Term 2018.
- Instructor, Study and Research Skills, J-Term 2018.
- Teaching Assistant for Dr. Mariano Avila, Interpreting and Preaching Ephesians, Fall 2017.
Master of Divinity Program (Residential and Distance) – Courses in English
- Graduate Teaching Assistant for Dr. Mariano Avila in the following courses:
– The Kingdom of God, Its Meaning, and Significance, Online, Fall 2017.
– New Testament Narratives, In-Residence, Fall 2017.
– New Testament Narratives, Online, Fall 2017
– Biblical Interpretation for Ministry, In-Residence, Summer 2017.
– Biblical Interpretation for Ministry, Online, J-Term 2018.
- Editor-in-Chief, Stromata: The Graduate Journal of Calvin Theological Seminary, Sept 2016-May 2021.
- Editorial Assistant for Dr. Karin Maag, Calvin Theological Journal, Sept-Dec 2016.
- Ordained Minister of Word and Sacrament, Reformed Church in America, 2018.
- Certificate granted for completing four hundred hours of supervised training at Pine Rest Christian Mental Services earning one unit (Level 1) of Clinical Pastoral Education. In this full-time Summer internship, I worked as chaplain in the mental health context, working especially with patients diagnosed with chronic mental illness and co-current disorders.
- Evangelical Philosophical Society (EPS)
- Society of Christian Philosophers (SCP)
- The Bavinck Society
- Spanish: Native speaker
- English: High Proficient in both written and oral expression. Experience dealing with English–Spanish religious translation.
- French: Intermediate Reading
- German: Theological Reading
- Biblical Hebrew
- Classical and Koine Greek
- Classical and Vulgar Latin